Military disability benefits have 2 types, that is VA Disability and DoD Disability. Disabled veterans can get 100 VA disability benefits only in case of service-connected medical conditions. For all types of service-connected disabilities, VA benefits are given but DoD will only give benefits for such conditions because of which service members unfit for duty.
Military disability benefits rates given by the combined military disability rating of the veterans. The disability rating range is 0% to 100%. For different conditions rating will be different due to which veterans receive different disability amounts benefits.
What are VA Military Disability Benefits?
VA military disability benefit is the first type that is part of the VA Disability process. After the completion of the process, veterans can get disability benefits according to their disability rating.
Veterans can get the same benefits from VA military disability benefits that not depend on the time period that how long veterans serve in force. On the basis of the number of dependent and spouses, VA disability pay 2023 received will be different.
What are DoD benefits?
DoD stands for Department of Defense that provides competitive benefits package to all employees, Recruitment, and Work/Life Balance Incentives that have further:
- Flexible schedules and possible telework.
- Family and medical leave.
- Family-friendly workplace including childcare centres in some locations.
Veterans receive the money according to the military disability benefits from the department of defence which depends on the conditions whether the veterans are retired medically or separated.
A disability rating for 0%, 10%, 20%, or 100 Percent VA disability received by the veterans from DOD is medically separated.
If the total combined military rating is greater than 30% of the veteran from DoD, then he is referred as medically retired. Medically retired veterans contain the following military disability benefits:
- Full medical care
- Payments on a monthly basis for life.
DoD disability retirement payDoD provides compensation to the physical disable retired soldiers. The Army secretary may retire from his duty because of physical unfitness or any other service-connected issue incurred in duty. For retirement, soldiers must have 20 years of incredible service at least. Or soldiers have other disabilities that are the cause of in fitness for duty and the rating of 30 percent VA disability or more than it.
Eligibility Criteria for DoD
Those guards and soldiers of the national army who are unfit because of VA permanent and total disability incurred or killed in war are eligible to get retired pay.
- Soldiers Present on duty or doing an inactive training
- Traveling to the place of duty at which duty is performed or back from the duty
- After 23 September 1996, injuries, illness, or disease increased while remaining overnight between successive periods of IDT at or in the site area of inactive duty training.
How is dod disability calculated?
Rating of the VA benefits disability of DoD depends on the time period of service, rank, and disability percentage. As disability is an issue which is not the same with every person. When your examination take place by Veteran affairs department then they will share a report explaining the disability ratio. If the soldiers have the following condition then they are eligible for a DoD disability rating.
- If the service of the member is less than 20 years but the rating of disability is 30% or greater is eligible for the disability retirement benefits.
- If the disability rating below 30% then separated and he cannot retire.
- If the active service of the military member is about 20 years or greater will be recommended for retirement regardless of the disability rating of this member given by the department of veteran affairs.
Military & VA Disability Rating difference
Military members have 2 types of disability compensation which shows 2 separate ratings of disabilities. At the start, it seems similar but we will show the difference between these 2 programs with respect to their structure and guidelines.
- VA rating changes by changing the disability conditions but DoD rating does not change and for life.
- VA disability ratings examine the patient’s entire medical condition for the calculation of disability rating. DoD disability ratings are only specific conditions.
- The disability payment amount may be changed if DoD Disability severance pay was given.
- VA disability benefits are not calculated by using the time period, or similar factors available including disabled veteran’s rank.
Concurrent Retirement and disability, pay calculator
The service members cannot select the military disability retirement by itself. Because the medical team examines the member’s medical condition and then warrants the disability retirement if qualify. It may occur at any stage in the career of a military member.
When the member of the military can not perform his duties for a longer time must be retired or medically separated from duty. It happens at the DoD level but not by the department of veterans affairs. The process of the claim of the veteran’s affairs department is totally different from this retirement type of separation.
Disability is a worst condition but when you are serving your nation you can go even to sacrifice your life. While serving your nation during your dusty if you are a victim of disability then there are a lot of special discounts specific for disabled Veterans. Differetnt disability ratio has different outcome and discounts vary according to the disability ratio. If you are completely disable then you will get more benefits as compared to the partial disabled veterans. There are many famous brands and companies who never forget you specially on Veterans day and they offer special discounts for Veterans and members of armed forces. Now if you are really interested in any such benefit and discount then we will share latest updates with you. You just need to stay tune for such offers. Many people ask different questions regarding such benefits and discount. If there is any question you are worried about just ask us via commenting below. Our team will provide you details accordingly.