Department of veterans affairs examines the condition of the veteran physically and mentally and then assigns a rating for him which ranges from 0 to 100%. If the rating is 100% then the veteran is permanently disabled and can’t do any task. For the dependent of the complete disabled veterans, the VA dept and the state offer VA education benefits for dependents through free colleges.
Many states offer VA tuition assistance to veterans and their dependents, a few of them are the following:
Florida colleges system
From the site of this college, you can find the resources specified for veterans. In a college, there is a special staff member that works with veterans to help with the process completion.
Do you have any idea about 10 Years rules for Survivors?
Florida student financial aid
The program offers scholarships to the dependent of deceased or disabled veterans. This aid is for the dependent of complete disabled veterans who are dead veterans due to service-connected disability.
For details, you need to concern with the local college campus.
The Schools waive out-of-state tuition
Due to sports and co-curricular activities, Mississippi University is well known which encourages vets to attend with its non-resident tuition scholarship. It pays extra tuition.
For the dependent of the veterans, VA dependent’s educational assistance is also available for which the dependent needs to meet some requirements. Dependents who qualify for the GI Bill can waive tuition. The University of Mississippi offers a scholarship whole stay.
What are the Disabled veterans’ education benefits by the state?
Through the tuition waiver, veterans can get education benefits for 100 % disabled veterans and attend technical colleges and universities. Veterans need 90 days of active duty during the period of combat for eligibility for the scholarship.
A resident of Illinois can get a free tuition fee at state colleges, and universities. If you have the following conditions then you will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Veterans discharged with honour
- The service residency period is at least 6 months in Illinois
- Veterans have served in the US force for 1 year at least and back to Illinois within 6 months of discharge from service.
Veterans are eligible for any undergraduate program from a public college or university in Massachusetts. It is the condition that the veteran is a legal resident of Massachusetts and does not default on any federal student loan.
The resident of Montana can also get free tuition benefits for veterans within the Montana University System to qualify.
Veterans can get free tuition from the Montana University system if they are residents of Montana. The eligibility criteria are below:
- Veteran discharged with honour from the US forces
- a resident of the Montana state
- maintain academic progress satisfactory while enrolled
Veterans can get free tuition from south Dakota for any undergraduate course. For eligibility, veterans need the following conditions.
- Veterans must be discharged with honour from the force
- A veteran is a current resident of South Dakota
- The veteran has been on duty since August 2, 1990, and till now.
Veterans having a texas residency can get free tuition for up to 150 credit hours from state-supported colleges or universities. For eligibility for the benefits veterans need the following requirements:
- veterans have a Texas residency at the time veterans enter military service
- Service days must be 181
- Veterans discharged from the armed forces with honour and not a defaulter in educational loans before.
Veterans who have Wisconsin residency can get free education benefits. Current Wisconsin residents and former Wisconsin residents are both still eligible to get free education benefits.
California’s free tuition for veterans/dependents
For the dependent of disabled veterans, the state of California offers free tuition. For eligibility, the person must be a resident of California. Also, veteran dependents meet the eligibility criteria of the college or university in which a person wants to study.
- If the veteran is an undergraduate student of the state and studying part-time gets a $1655 tuition waiver.
- A person is an Undergraduate resident of the state and studying Full-time then gets a $2,871 tuition waiver
- Credential, Resident of California Student, in case of Part-time studying then $1,932
- If the Student is studying Full-time then $3,330
In the case of a Doctorate the resident Student studying Part-time, $5,919.00
- In the case of full-time Doctorate studying $5,919.00